Zero Trust Solution For Remote Workers
As companies have adapted to digital transformation and the pandemic's systemic disruptions, more businesses than ever are managing a remote workforce. This move from secure corporate facilities to home environments, with baseline remote work controls, adds residual risk. Princeton Identity has partnered with global cyber security experts EPAM, to bring a new kind of multi-layer security solution to market.
Remote Safely addresses the immediate cybersecurity challenges businesses face, in the era of the disrupted workforce. Through our combination of digital architecture, biometrics, hardware, software, and workforce process capabilities, we employ a zero-trust process with data access management to ensure the protection of clients' sensitive information.
The solution ensures compliance with a wide range of security requirements, adopting a zero-trust approach to data access management. Identity confirmation through biometric verification ensures that only approved employees accessing the machine can see sensitive information - improving overall security and protecting sensitive data.
Remote Safely is an added layer of verification on top of an existing virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) that combines biometrics, dedicated hardware, and workforce process capabilities to address the data safety needs of remote teams.
Remote Safely ensures that:
- The person accessing the corporate data is the remote worker who is authorized to see this data.
- The corporate data on the screen of the laptop is seen only by the authorized employee.
- There is no way to steal corporate data via screenshotting, screen-sharing, or even taking photos of the laptop screen.
Comprehensive Security Strategy
Remote Safely replaces the traditional offshore development center (ODC) by combining key physical controls with a hardened, secure VDI with logical session recording and AI risk visualization. The AI-based agent evaluates the risk profile based on recognized visual indicators such as:
- Who is present?
- How many people are present?
- Are there unauthorized devices in the room?
PIONEERING THE FUTURE OF REMOTE WORK
For professionals in the healthcare, insurance or financial services industry, remote work was previously not feasible. Businesses had no way to mitigate the security threats that could arise from employees working outside the corporate network, or in a different environment. Remote Safely can change that.
Do you or your employees work with or view these kinds of sensitive information?
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Protected health information (PHI)
- Confidential or sensitive company or customer data
- Financial information
- Banking details
- Credit card information
REMOTE SAFELY CAN PROTECT VALUABLE DATA & CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHILE GIVING YOUR BUSINESS A MORE FLEXIBLE WORKFORCE
Zero trust is the premise that companies should not assume confidentiality, privacy or integrity of anything inside their digital environment. Instead companies should rely on strict, identity-centric and transactional controls for every service or access.
Remote Safely surpasses the current understanding of the zero-trust approach by only allowing access to critical data with continuous identity confirmation using biometric screening of the remote work environment. This ensures that the people accessing information on the system have the right permissions, taking zero trust beyond the local network and to the next level—right up to the chair.
Remote Safely takes photos of the camera view area every 2 seconds and passes it to the Security Operational Server. The AI proctor processes the images to verify the user and screen for anomalous behavior. If there is any misconduct detected on the image, the alert appears on SOC Web Panel.
Members of SOC Monitoring Team analyze the employee’s images to detect any suspicious behavior and provide measure to resolve potential security incidents.
‘Remote Safely’ helps companies protect their digital assets during work-from-home periods by rolling out an enhanced set of security controls.
Our goal is to eliminate the risk of data leakage caused by the more relaxed nature of the ‘work-from-home environment, allowing companies with special security needs to utilize a remote workforce with no harm to their business.
- Verifies employee identity via face biometrics and deep learning algorithms.
- Ensures that a person sitting in front of camera is the authorized person to access the data
- Monitors the remote employee’s workplace over the camera and generates alerts if the following behavior detected:
- Unknown person in the camera view area
- No person found in the camera view area
- Multiple persons found in the camera
- Phone detected in the camera view area
- SOC Web Panel allows for real time monitoring of remote employee’s conduct and provides countermeasures when necessary
- Real time notifications on email
- On demand integration with 3rd party monitoring systems i.e., Splunk
- Configured rules for automated response in case of misconduct
- Restricted access to corporate infrastructure in the instance a violation occurs
- Automated lock of user session in case of violation based on configurable thresholds
- Ability to manually lock user session
- Blocks attempts at screensharing and taking screenshots
- Blocks attempts to connect additional monitors
- Physical hardening via privacy screens and custom fisheye camera
- Restricted access to USB and data storages.
- On demand integration with 3rd party security systems i.e., AppGate.
- Can be delivered as a service or as a separate product deployed on customer private infrastructure
- Windows and macOS Applications